Sutton Housing Society
With changing demographics in the area, Sutton Housing Society provide good quality, affordable rented housing for people with housing needs who reside in, or are connected with, the London Borough of Sutton. The association owns 450 properties and just under 300 are dedicated to older people.
The Nairn Court development is a sheltered accommodation block of apartments accommodating, in the main, older people. It is built over three floors with two staircases, communal drying rooms and a passenger lift.
- Reduction of energy consumption
- Lighting level improvement
- Control lighting during occupied periods only
- Undertake the work without upsetting vulnerable residents
- Carry out work quickly with minimum disruption and noise
- To eradicate ongoing maintenance costs for the next 5 years.
“Having improved light levels saved us vast wasted energy and on-going maintenance costs; Future Lighting have designed and installed a superb lighting system at a development we manage for the elderly in Sutton. Fantastic feedback given by residents on the professionalism of contractors and the speed and standard of work carried out.”Natalie Stappers -Sutton Housing Society
The Future Lighting Solution
- Remove all old technology fluorescent light fittings and remote 8W emergency bulkheads from all communal areas, including the rear external façade.
- Replace all luminaries with LED technology bulkheads with combined emergency packs and integral microwave Occupancy and LUX Level Detection.
- Replace internal lighting with new LED Combined Emergency.
- Install bulkheads with integral Occupancy Detectors, preventing wasted energy during unoccupied periods.
- Replace all external lights with directional, weatherproof LED bulkhead lights with integral Dusk-till-Dawn photocells to control lighting during dusk and dark periods only.
- Supply 5 Year Guarantee documents
This upgrade has dramatically improved general light levels by at least 25% and is now showing considerable wasted energy savings as well as eliminating ongoing maintenance requirements.
The existing lighting to the rear car park and landscaped areas were standard 25W Fluorescent Bulkheads, without directional diffusers, resulting in 50% of the light output being wasted. All existing fittings were replaced with new directional, vandal-resistant, decorative wall mounted bulkheads that were fit for purpose.
These are now saving over 65% of the energy used and have improved light levels dramatically. These fittings have integral dusk-till-dawn sensors and are only switched on throughout the hours of darkness, and will not require any adjustment of settings throughout the year.
- Client: Sutton Housing Society
- Building Type: Residential
- Number of dwellings: 26
- Technology Used: LED & Controls
- Money Saved: £1882.00
- CO2 Saved: 7.4
- ROI: 44 months
- Warranty: 5-Years Parts & Labour
- Compliant: Yes