TIME TO LIGHT THE FUTURE
Brewery Yard felt a maintenance storm brewing. Time to find a solution.
The Brewery Square, developed in 2002, comprises 198 apartments in four blocks surrounding a landscaped courtyard. It’s the site of the traditional Cannon Brewery that began operations in 1746. With 6 town houses and a mix of commercial and retail premises, it’s right in the creative heart of Clerkenwell.
Managing Agent : Currell
- Light fittings were failing regularly.
- Lengthy defect lists were issued weekly.
- Huge maintenance bills were a regular occurrence.
- Too much time was being spent dealing with tenant complaints and chasing repairs- just replacing high level or over stair lights was tricky and caused us endless maintenance headaches.
- The block lighting systems were outdated, costing too much money and not fulfilling their appropriate function.
Future Lighting Audit highlighted:
- Maintenance charges were running away with the budget.
- Numerous light fitting failures and repairs had caused long term system issues.
- Different fittings and components had caused inconsistent light levels and colours.
- The overall look was unappealing.
- Energy use was high.
Future Lighting’s Solution:
The lobby areas had aesthetic problems. Fittings and design looked tired, with unsightly black marks on the ceiling caused by excessive heat generation. In such a high-specification development, this was not an ideal advertisement or inviting environment. Currell PM obviously wanted to make an immediate impact to the site.
The replacement of all lobby lighting with new LEDs was proposed. Lights were trialed until the correct solution was found- residents were encouraged to comment and often did!
However, in the corridors there were a number of additional factors to consider including a solution to prevent ceiling and/or overall cosmetic damage. In addition, attention was given to sizing, colour rendering and light output. Considerable time designing the most appropriate, durable and aesthetically pleasing result paid off.
In addition the overall light levels were improved in entrance lobbies, corridors and utility areas.
- Improved light levels
- Consistent colour rendering throughout
- Maintenance reduced to zero
- Savings on administration time and costs
- Tenant satisfaction
- Energy saving of 80% upwards
- 5 year warranty
At Future Lighting our philosophy is to create proactive, long -term partnerships with our clients. Our audits, inventories and maintenance packages remove lighting maintenance and remove hassle from any block management ‘to do’ list, as well as saving time, money and energy.
For more information contact: T: 020 3826 9999