Future Lighting performs a total LED lighting upgrade, installing over 350 new fittings.
92 Apartments over 6 Entrances with a commercial zone and underground parking; this river Thames side Wharf conversion is sited in the prime SE1 postcode of London with a view of Tower Bridge and other landmarks. The building wraps a stunning courtyard giving residents the open, hustle-free space to relax.
The Future Lighting Solution
We were delighted to be commissioned to assist with the design and build of a new, energy-efficient and aesthetically pleasing lighting scheme to replace the existing system at this high specification development.
Staircases & Lobby Areas
- The main staircases and lobby floors used obsolete switch-start compact fluorescent bulkhead lights with brittle and discoloured fittings, back plates and diffusers. The lights were 15-20 years old and had been constantly repaired. They were also being used as emergency lighting, which had now failed all tests and needed replacing.
The entire area lacked any control measure, meaning lights were burning away 24/7 without need.
- All compact 30W fluorescent fittings were upgraded to new 10W LED alternatives with integral occupancy and light level detectors. The fittings were also commissioned with dimming drivers meaning fittings sat at 10% output within areas without natural illumination and ramped up to 100% during occupied periods only. This gave the blocks an inviting feel whilst saving 90% plus energy consumption.
- Examining footfall patterns determined that these staircases were rarely used, so refitting these areas alone was calculated to save at least 85% in wasted energy. This in turn reduces running costs and eradicates on-going maintenance issues, saving time, inconvenience and hidden charges.
Underground Car Park
- The Car park was home to 130+ 70W Linear switch-start fluorescent bulkhead lights with brittle and discoloured fittings, back plates and diffusers. The lights were 15-20 years old and had been constantly repaired over their lifespan.
The system had been modified with an occupancy system but this was a grouped fitting solution switching lights ‘on’ in areas that what not being used.
- We directly replaced all lights with new 20W LED alternatives and each light housed an Occupancy detector meaning only the lights in the occupied area would be illuminated. To prevent dark spots and an unwelcoming feel, 10% of lights remained “ON” permanently, providing an ambient level of light.
A 65%-80% energy saving has been achieved whilst drastically improving light levels and overall feel of this underground facility.
External Estate Lighting
- The estate ground was illuminated via a number of large post & wall mounted globe-type light heads. These fittings used 70W sodium lamp and gear system.
- It was proposed that we overhaul the fittings, clean the globes and convert the light source to LED using just 15W.
An immediate 75% saving and an incredible difference to the façade and internal courtyard areas.
The works, which included 350+ new fittings, were completed in less than three weeks without disruption to the building, its internal or external decor or any interruption to residents.
“I would like to thank you and your team for the way you have managed this project. I know it has been a long time in the pipeline so it is great that we could finally get it complete. I look forward to working with you all in the near future and I will be recommending you to my colleagues”E.Collins JFM Block & Estate Management
Project: Efficient & Compliant Lighting solution
Building: Scotts Sufferance Wharf, London SE1
Client: JFM Block & Estate Management
Building Type: Residential
ROI (m): 58
Money Saved (£): 12,000
CO2 Saved (t): 81
Positive Feedback (%): 99
Do you have a project we could help you with?
Get in touch
T: 020 3826 9999