This site is situated in Bushey, which is a town in the Hertsmere borough of Hertfordshire in the East of England.
- The site has a communal entrance from the high street.
- The entrance has 1 vehicle sliding gate and 1 pedestrian gate. Both have a panel which can call every resident, who then can release the gate to admit pedestrians or vehicles to the site.
- Block 1 has 8 large apartments – each has a video handset in the entrance lobby of their flat, 1 audio handset in their bedroom and 1 audio handset in their kitchen.
- Block 2 has 20 large apartments – each has a video handset in the entrance lobby of their flats and a video handset next to their bed.
Future Security was asked to undertake a survey of the existing security system solution at the Hartsbourne site to identify the area where security can be improved, renewing and updating the parts and cabling.
The existing system was very old and no parts available as well as not working for some residents. The existing wiring was run throughout the building communal areas and throughout the internal apartments. The cabling was also run between blocks and to external gates. Future Security was called to sort this out.
- Carrying out the works with minimal disruption to both the communal areas and in the case of this site within each of the large apartments. All individually finished to a very high level of decoration. The cabling routes to the gates were run under both landscaped gardens and the main entrance driveway.
- By providing a solution that would negate the replacement of cabling following successful testing we were able to complete this installation without disturbing the internals of the apartments, communal areas and the groundworks.
- The client had a brass panel at one entrance and required a bespoke unit to replace the existing panel with a wooden panel.
- Not renewing cabling provided massive time and cost savings.
The Future Security Solution:
We provided a system manufactured by Comelit who has the portfolio of products to meet the criteria.
“Founded in 1956, Comelit Group SpA is an industrial company operating on a worldwide scale and specialising in the design and manufacture of video entry, video surveillance, anti-intrusion, home automation, access control and fire protection systems. The company has a strong international vocation thanks to its close ties with the area in which it was created and in which its headquarters are still located today (Val Seriana, to be precise).”https://www.comelitgroup.com/en-gb/
Minimising downtime for the system and arranging the program with the residents. The system was installed in phases to ensure the entrance panels within the apartments were all live and the systems were operating before the secondary equipment was fitted. This took Future Security longer to deliver as we required two visits to each apartment.
The system configuration and delivery were required to be carefully organised and planned with residents to ensure delivery of the program.
Client: Collinson Hall
Building Type: Residential
Number of dwellings: 28
Technology Used: Comelit