TIME TO LIGHT THE FUTURE
Brewery Yard felt a maintenance storm brewing – time to find a solution.
The Brewery Square, developed in 2002, comprises 198 apartments in four blocks around a landscaped courtyard. It’s the site of the traditional Cannon Brewery that begun operations in 1746. With 6 town houses, a mix of commercial and retail premises, it’s right in the creative heart of Clerkenwell.
Managing Agent : Currell
- Light fittings were failing regularly.
- Lengthy defect lists were issued weekly
- Huge maintenance bills were regular
- Too much time used dealing with tenant complaints and chasing repairs. Just replacing high level or over stair lights were tricky and caused us endless maintenance headaches.
- Our block lighting systems were outdated costing too much money and not fulfilling their appropriate function.
Future Lighting Audit highlighted:
- Maintenance charges were running away with the budget
- Numerous light fitting failures and repairs had caused long term system issues
- Different fittings and components had caused inconsistent light levels and colours
- The overall look was unappealing
- Energy use was high
Future Lighting’s Solution:
The lobby areas had aesthetic problems. Fittings and design looked tired with unsightly black marks on the ceiling caused by excessive heat generation. In such a high specification development this was not an ideal advertisement or inviting environment. Currell PM obviously wanted to make an immediate impact to the site.
The replacement of all lobby lighting for new LED was proposed. Lights were trialed until the correct solution was found. Residents were encouraged to comment and often did!
However, in the corridors there were a number of additional factors to consider including a solution to prevent ceiling and/or overall cosmetic damage. In addition, attention was given to sizing, colour rendering and light output. Considerable time designing the most appropriate, durable and aesthetically pleasing result paid off.
In addition the overall light levels were improved in entrance lobbies, corridors, and utility areas.
- Improved light levels
- Consistent colour rendering throughout
- Reduced maintenance to zero
- Saving on administration time and costs
- Tenant satisfaction
- Energy saving of 80% upwards
- 5 year warranty
At Future Lighting our philosophy is to create proactive long -term partnerships with our clients. Our audits, inventories and maintenance packages remove lighting maintenance and upgrade hassle from any block management ‘to do’ list as well as saving time, money and energy.
For more information contact: T: 020 3826 9999